Oakland Public Library
Designed by Harry S. Coombs of
Carnegie Classical Revival Style
Library web site: http://oaklandlibrary.net
A Brief History of the Building
1912: A $10,000 grant from Andrew Carnegie was accepted.
1914-15: The library was built.
1996: Planning began for a library renovation / expansion project.
2002-2003: The expansion was constructed. It doubled the size of the library and provided handicapped accessibility and additional parking.
This library was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 2000.
Information was provided by the Oakland Public Library.