Gardiner Public Library
Gardiner, Maine

Designed by Henry Richards of Gardiner, Maine

Queen Anne Style

152 Water Street, Gardiner, Maine  04345

Library web site: 

A Brief History of the Building

1897:  A $2,500 grant from Andrew Carnegie was accepted.  This money represented only a portion of the money raised to fund this library.

1881: The library was built.

1930: The R.P. Hazzard Room was added.

1960:  The J. Walter Robinson Reference Wing was added.

1977: The Burress Moore III Children’s Room was added.

1985:  The Community Room was added.

1997:  The R.P. Hazard Room was remodeled to become the Reading Room.

2002:  The J. Walter Robinson Reference Wing was remodeled for handicapped accessibility.

   2005 photos


New England Carnegies
| Sources | Links | Home