Designed by Edward L. Tilton
Italian Renaissance Revival Style
200 Park Street, West Springfield MA 01089-3398
Library web site: http://www.wspl.org
A Brief History of the Building
1915: Andrew Carnegie gave $25,000 to the town to build the library.
1916: The library opened on October 25.
1959: A new wing was opened on June 2. The original Carnegie wing housed the children's collection.
1978: Another new addition was built. The original Carnegie wing housed the non-fiction collection.
2007: The library was awarded a $40,000 Planning and Design Grant from the Massachusetts Board of Library Commissioners.
Search | Sources | Links | Home