Marlborough Public Library
Architects: Peabody & Stearns of Boston
Carnegie Classical Revival Style
35 West Main Street, Marlborough MA 01752-5510
Library web site: https://www.marlborough-ma.gov/library-0
A Brief History of the Building
1902: Andrew Carnegie gave $30,000 to the town to build the library.
1903-1904: The library was constructed.
1904: A dedication ceremony was held on October 20th.
1967: The building was closed after its interior was damaged by fire.
1968-1970: The structure was renovated, and an addition was built onto the side of the library.
Information was supplied by Wayne Noah, Marlborough Public Library reference librarian.