Mount Hope Temple
(former Dixwell Branch Library) New Haven, Connecticut
Designed by Norton and Townsend
Neo-Classical Revival Style
555 Dixwell Avenue , New Haven CT 06511
A Brief History of the Building
1913: Andrew Carnegie gave $60,000 to New Haven to build three branch libraries.
1921: The branch library was built and opened.
1968: Library services moved to a new branch called the Stetson Branch, which opened at 200 Dixwell Avenue. That branch was additionally renovated in 1998.
This building now houses a worship center.
Information supplied by Kathie Hurley, Public Information Office, New Haven Free Public Library